ABOUT

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Around theoldboathouse today ~ Feeling ORANGE

My Halloween Jack O Lantern Pumpkin that I carved the other night has got me seeing ORANGE around my house today............... My latest find (or rather found by Kristen and claimed by me) to add to my German floor vase collection. I have a smaller vase in this and was super excited to get this Big Fat one. I just want to sit and cradle it in my arms....Love, love, LOVE.
My happy tea cosy....look at that work that some clever person did and before you ask no sadly it wasn't me ,I'm not clever at those crafty, sewing things.
This is my dog head vase...meant to be a bear but I call it dog head, made by son number 2 and flowers made by Lotte. I am always sadest at estates we go to when we come across items made with love by children...they have no value but at the same time have the hugest value really. I also have the same problem with trophy's....actually there is a long list of things....don't get me started I will have you all crying.

Cushions made by Nan from vintage fabric
French glass flowers
Me in one of my casual "round the house" get ups.

Oh and this is my lantern at night....aargh. If you haven't carved a pumpkin I recommend it as it is lots of fun.
The jack -o'lantern chuckled
Then winked his funny eye,
"I would rather be a pumpkin-face
Than be inside a pie!"
Hope you are all having a good start to the week.

13 comments:

  1. You are a wicked carver, Katherine. And I'm glad you stopped the sentimental talk - I would have had to get my hankie out. Love all your orange things too. xxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't carve a pumpkin to save my life. Like Brismod, I love all the orange things you have around your home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be sitting cuddling that pot too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a very handsome Jack you have there Katherine! Love him, and you did so well with the carving.
    Also really like the "you" in casual dress, but LOVE that Scotty behind you!
    Those snapdragons are beootiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine - just in case it went to your trash - I sent you a reply. Love to buy the item, hope you have a great day tomorrow. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute stuff! I love orange so much, it reminds me of Hermes! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the orange, especially that cushion. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your orange post today is lots of fun! I especially love your jack o'lantern! I have cheated this year-our greengrocer is carving our for us and I pick him up tomorrow!

    Have a lovely day and best wishes for a great (Halloween!) weekend,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That vase is great. Love to know where you found it? Have a great weekend, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything you get some good things.
    Hugs Mary.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment we love to read them

Related Posts with Thumbnails