ABOUT

Friday, June 10, 2011

Some of the vintage Pots and Planters plus more available at The Cottage Garden Nursery

Yesterday the lovely Madam Restora asked what pots and planters etc we had available at the moment so I thought today I would show you all the latest pots we have in stock at The Cottage Garden Nursery in East Brisbane aswell as a few other goodies.
This pair of cement pots are very heavy and could make quite a statement at an entrance for example. They are framing an original 1940's bird bath we purchased from the Estate in Wilston Heights you may remember from last week. It is quite large and I like the extra platform on the base that gives it more presence.

All of these pots would date from the 1950's or so. They start in price at $25. They are on a Victorian inspired plant stand.

These pots are a lot of fun. If you look at the close up below you can see they have spots on them. Pots like these can either be restored by repainting them or can be left shabby for a cottage look in the garden.

Pair of planters

Cast metal jardinere. One of a pair available at the moment.
Large Cast Metal setting, normally they are smaller and seat only two this one is more generous and seats four comfortably.
Can you see the old bucket hiding below the plant? We try to keep old buckets in stock. These make great pots and have the added bonus that you can use the handle to hang them, creating a more interesting hanging basket in the garden.
This three tiered plant stand could also be used as a side or corner table. Just enough room for a cup on top.
Pretty angel or cupid details.
This little wheel barrow plantstand is very cute and would date from the 1960' s.


As it is winter now here in Australia we now have available this set of brass fire tools and also elegant pair of fire dogs.
Makes me wish I had a fire place. I hope you all have a lovely weekend. Queen's Birthday long weekend here in Queensland, so just the excuse to head to the Nursery if you are yet to visit or to see the recent changes. A reminder there is the Gillian Hirst Garden Cafe, with heated indoor seating area aswell as garden seating, beautiful plants, fabulous florist aswell as the antiques and vintage goodies.

9 comments:

  1. OOOhhh..drool. We love old garden pots, I'm jealous. I bet they won't last long.

    Hope you enjoy the long weekend too, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor! I love all of those pots.

    Katherine, I have sent you an email.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many wonderful garden treasures ~ such a shame I live so far away! You have wonderful taste in lovely old things, and appreciate you sharing them with us here! Love Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing collection of pots and planters! I particularly love the cast iron! I am figuring out how I can get up for a closer look! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the zinc one - I think it's zinc
    great post!
    Claudia xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear Katherine
    well.. I've got my eyes on the church pew!! I have a little folding pew that I picked up a few years back.. must show you sometime..


    Love the little table with cupids too.. unusual...

    Sorry for my absence.. the flu finally got me!! blaaah..

    Have a great weekend.. ciao xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. In love with that Victorian inspired plant stand...also think the idea of old pales being used is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a beautiful collection of pots and plant stands! I love the church pew!!

    thanks so much for your thoughtful comments and for visiting my blog. Have a fantastic day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment we love to read them

Related Posts with Thumbnails