Thursday, March 10, 2011

New OLD Items at the Cottage Garden Nursery

I took lots of new "old" goodies over to the Nursery yesterday. The table above is made from  Singer sewing machine ends and is a great size for a small spot inside or out.
I am really loving these wire stacking trays. They have just the right amount of gentle rust and wear. I can see them in so many spots from kitchen to office. 
These classic patio chairs have had a few layers of paint and I love their destressed look.
Old brass propellors. Make for intersting objects in themselves but I can see them on a wall.
Again perfect wear on this little chap.The top lifts up. It was originally for another "essential" purpose (can you guess what?) but now would be fun as a side table with a bit of storage.

Some new boxes. These ones are Spanish Olive Oil and
I really like the ends that have the name of their destination..."Brisbane" on each end.
Note the fab huge Sunshine Harvester Wheel.
Silky Oak table and set of chairs that includes two carver chairs. Table and chairs sold separately.
You know I can't resist 50's cement pots. The one above is one of a pair and I love the peely paint.
This other little one is in good original condition, lovely classic 50's colours.
Cute little twirley occasional table.
Charming mosiac top. What a fun idea.
                 
Hope you all have a lovely day. It is a perfect Brissie day here. I love the weather in Brisbane this time of year, cool mornings and sunny days.

15 comments:

  1. I have this obession with brass. Yes those brass propellors would make interesting wall accents for someone. Break out the Bar Keepers Friend, my favorite cleaner. It works wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katherine, the little table is super cute, Tamara x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the wire baskets. Wish I lived closer :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the wire baskets. Katherine, your comment on my blog was just the sweetest thing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the old props - they are great items for a quirky room, or out in the garden :)
    Thanks for your lovely comment about my apple cake. I shared it around my parents, inlaws and work colleague and helper and I think they all enjoyed it. I don't think I'm a great cook by any means, so it must be a great recipe!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great bits and pieces there Katherine. Will come for a visit soon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great collection as always, you consistently have such a great variety!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh i can't wait for the warm weather and the outdoor flea markets!!!

    ~LAST DAY 2 JOIN CUSTOM SIGN GIVEAWAY~

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika @ ~Tiptoe Butterfly~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to have you link up a garden posts (old & new) to today’s Cottage Flora Thursday’s!!!! Hope your seeing a bit of spring in your life….Hugs!

    http://fishtailcottage.blogspot.com/2011/03/cottage-flora-thursdays-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey do you usually have the old wooden crates?? I might have to make a trip to Brisbane to buy some, can't find any up here, crazily enough!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi would you mind stating which blog platform you're using? I'm looking to start my own blog soon but I'm having a hard time selecting between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.

    P.S My apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!


    My blog post: kitchen remodeling

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hidup tak selalu seperti yang kamu mau. Hal baik dan buruk terjadi selalu, namun semua itu telah diatur Tuhan, dengan akhir yang indah. Obat Sipilis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment we love to read them

Related Posts with Thumbnails